Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Don't You Hate When...


^^^^
That's a super sad face up there. 

Don't You Hate When...

... you get stuck in a parenting conundrum and you don't know the answer to said conundrum and you're so stressed that the answer to your question will either EFF YOUR CHILDREN UP FOR LIFE, or could be a good thing?? That's where I'm at with my kids right now. Two out of three of them want to quit the sports they are doing. And I don't know what to do. 
Force them to partake?
 I really don't want to be that parent. 
Sigh. They need to make a manual for this parenting crap.


... when all at once everything starts breaking down. My computer is FALLING APART (literally... by the hinge), holes in my clothes, vacuum is shittin' the bed,... I would like someone to figure out where the magical money for all this is supposed to come from?? 
Anyone?


... You take your dog to a kennel for two nights and they regress back to their 5 month old puppy self and decide that the kitchen floor is a good place to pee?? Thankfully that situation rectified itself, but seriously!!! I think she was super-duper pissed at me for leaving her in a strange place. 
Showed me, didn't it!?


...you just REALLY don't feel like cooking? But somehow you're going to HAVE to get food in your families bellies... they are counting on you. 
I've been in a cooking funk and need help getting out of that too. 
Or perhaps when I get that magical money of mine I shall hire a chef.
(And a cleaner, and a personal trainer, and a chauffeur)

What do you hate?
Share in the negativity!!

3 comments:

  1. the ONLY thing i force kayla to do is swimming (for safety). and those first few lessons were horrid as in she kept calling us over to the pool to cry. but now she loves it and her attitude about water/swimming is 100% different and she now loves it.

    so if your kids hate it, find out why, try to find a way to fix it and if that doesn't work, then maybe it's time to throw in the towel. if you've paid for the season, have them finish it and then leave it up to them to decide if they want to go back.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as forcing them to stick with a sport, my parents never forced me to stay with anything. I feel like I only got to an intermediate level at a lot of things. Maybe talk to them about what level they want to get to with their sport. If they want to play it in high school they need to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We regularly take my pup to a kennel. She is better now but still is super barky when she gets back from the kennel. I hope things get way less stressful soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments and I do my best to reply so check your email or back here if you haven't heard from me! (Or email me at docksidelove@gmail.com)