I'M 32 AND I HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.
And NO I didn't have my first when I was 16.
Proof I know I have a 16 year old (dressed as a 9 year old) below.
- It is a freaking MISSION to get her up in the morning.
Before you tell me she needs to go to bed earlier... SHE GOES TO BED AT 8:30.
She just doesn't like getting up. Simple as that.
- The mood swings - sea-freaking-saw.
I thought *I* was a tumultuous mess of emotions.
Nope. Not even close.
This girl wins.
- Clothes? Let's change those five hundred and three times a day.
Make your bed? OH MY GOD. THAT'S SO HARD.
Homework? Ugh. Fine.
Chores? My life has ended.
- One minute she wants me to walk her up to the school. The next - she CAN. NOT. BE. SEEN. WITH. ME.
Tomorrow, I think I am going to hold her hand and skip up to the school.
We'll see how she likes that!
- The days she DOESN'T want me walk her up to the school, the door is slammed shut without even so much as a smile goodbye. (Her younger brother runs over, opens my door and smooches me goodbye.)
When she's not acting like a 16 year old... She is the sweetest girl on the planet.
She is kind. She is helpful. She is responsible.
But that other side of the pendulum? SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY - wish me luck, because these are going to be a lonnnnnnnnng 7-10 years.
Anyone else have a hormonal daughter you are dealing with?
How early in your life were YOU the emotional basket case?